My life is in deep cuts of wounds and unhealed scars cause of traumatic emotional pain. I could say that the feeling was my life is already constructed by lies. But at that moment I decided to take a glimpse of those old stacks of books which are on sale right in front of my favorite bookstore, I pulled out a book that has a title cover “Lies Women Believe and the Truth that sets Free” by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. Couldn’t even imagine a pang of OH-GOD-IS-WORKING-HE-WANTS-ME-TO-OPEN-MY-EYES-AND-SEE-THINGS-CLEARLY feeling. After several pages scanned and pages flips I’ve found out that this might be the book that could help me with all of these downside mementos that I’ve been fighting for that I really want to end. I ended up paying at the cashier, this book is worth to read after all.
Here are some excerpts that are worth sharing and all women should know. But before you scroll down I want you to know that God’s grace is sufficient and realization will come as a matter faith.
- I’m not WORTH anything
- My value is not determine by what others think of me or what I think of myself. My value is determined by how God views me.
- To God, my soul is worth more than the price of the whole world.
- If I am a child of God, I am God’s cherished possession and treasure.
2. I need to learn to love myself
- By faith, I need to receive God’s love for me.
- I already love myself. I need to den myself and let God love others through me
3. I can’t help the way I am
- If I am a child of God, I can choose to obey God.
- I am responsible for my own choices
- I can be changed through the power of God’s spirit
4. I have my rights
- Claiming rights will put me in bondage
- Yielding rights will set me free
5. Physical beauty matters more than inner beauty
- At best, physical beauty is temporal and fleeting
- The beauty that matters most to God is that of my inner spirit and character
6. I should not have to live with unfulfilled longings
- I will always have unfulfilled longings this side of heaven.
- The deepest longings of my heart cannot be filled by any created person or thing.
- If I will accept them, unfulfilled longings will increase my longing for God and for heaven.
This might not be all but I’ll be posting several lies that most women believe according to this book.